Friday, November 24, 2006

The Value of Family

Is the value of family, dead?

I thought about this alot. I see so many people bustling around, doing their business. Getting their things done, shopping, and the like. My question to you is, do you go home to go home?, Or, Do you go home to spend time with your family?

I see in the lives of many, Dinner time is non-exsistent, No one sits around a single table, talks about the days events as a family. Its grab your food and disappear into the cave you have buried yourself in.

The only time you can see a family together is holidays, and somtimes even that is like pulling teeth. Family has become so invalueable. Money, Power, Greed, are the more pressing matters anymore. I do see the reasons, with economy it takes a lot more money to survive these days, but come on people! To be happy, you DON'T NEED that 6ft Tv, those designer shoes... that brand new car.

In the past... if you had your family, thatwas all that was needed. Now if you don't have the material possessions. It dosen't seem to matter. As long as I have food on my plate, clothes on my back, and my family, I am perfectly happy. Take my fancy things... give them away.

I want life to go back to the way it should be! Course its funny. Comming from a raising where the only things that mattered where Money, and Prestiege. My veiws are so different.. but all the same. I believe that family has been forgotten about, at least the TRUE aspect of family and where its priority should sit.

No comments: